Search This Blog

Tuesday 25 January 2022

Gooseneck improvement

 The gooseneck arrangement attracted the attention of the makers of my new sails and rightly so. It was a lash up and not particularly strong. 



So I set about reinforcing it. Phase 1 was to add an eye bolt for the stag horns.



The next modification was to improve the tack attachment.



Still not happy, I decided to find a welder to add a support bracket for the top of the eye bolt. This proved harder than I had planned so I bought a welder and did it my self.



It wasn't so hard and I am hooked on welding now. 



The eye bolt is an M8 eye welded to a 3/8" UNC bolt and the gooseneck slide now has a third bracket. Very happy with the outcome and will hopefully try it in place on Louisa this weekend.




 Fits like a glove ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ˜€


No comments:

Post a Comment