Search This Blog

Saturday 22 July 2023

Late season hull scrub

I was hoping the hull would last until I lift her out for the winter but the hull is badly fouled and there is a possibility that I might join the club rally at the end of August. So it was onto the scrubbing dock where I removed a couple of wheel barrow loads of barnacles and weed. A thin coat of anti fouling and back on her moorings. I decided against a sail as the forecast this weekend is not great, Fastnet racers should have fun! 

There were a couple of adventures while I was down at the club. One of the club boats broke down so an intrepid crew set off in Heather to recover the engineless boat. One their way back the engine on Heather overheated so they drifted down on to a buoy to sort themselves out. As I was going their way I towed them into the club dock.

The next adventure occurred when a boat was coming into the club dock and missed the tide by a few minutes resulting in grounding in the mud just short of the scrubbing dock slab. I moved heather round to sit between her and the dock and then we moved pontoon blocks, lines and fenders around until she was stable. In the morning it all had to be undone.

No comments:

Post a Comment