Search This Blog

Thursday 9 June 2022

Halfway

I have made it to Terciera in the Azores and retired from this year's Jester Challenge. It feels great, I have been in Angra do Heroismo for a week now and loving island life. The people have been so helpful, patient with my attempts at Portuguese (trying to order beer, wine and food). The cost of living out here suits me very nicely and it will be a wrench to leave. Also, I am not particularly looking forward to a repeat of what I went through to get here. As this is now the halfway point in this year's adventure I thought I'd write up the passage to reach this point. It was 25 days of saturation experiences so rather than a cruise report style write up I am going to break it down into sub headings such as weather, problems, navigation, motivation etc.



At the recommendation of a friend I visited the Palace of the Capitanes General and former Jesuit College. Probably the best history lesson for anyone visiting Terciera I could have had. By the way, the entrance is round the corner, this is the entrance to the Azores deputy president's administration offices!

No comments:

Post a Comment