Search This Blog

Friday 6 May 2022

Ready to go

 After a couple of weeks of sailing and motoring I have made it to the start in Plymouth. I've met up with the other skippers and so far no significant problems.


After 48 hours of sailing from the River Medway I reached Langstone Harbour where I spent a couple of nights before going to Gosport. At Gosport I stayed a night and included a visit to my mother. Then on Sunday I set off for Plymouth with no discernible breeze so I motored. The engine held up well and I reach Dartmouth within 24 hours where I picked up a mooring for the night. There were even more moorings than I remember and not as off the beaten track as I had remembered. On Tuesday I motored round to the Tamar and anchored for a couple of nights in the Lynher River. That was very rural and secluded. On Thursday I motored up to Cargreen to see who was around and saw Tom's old boat, Arctic Smoke. On the high tide I turned round and motored to the Mayflower Marina. There I met a couple of the skippers, both of whom I knew from previous events. So all settled in, laundry done, diesel topped off, a final shopping trip for fresh food and I'll be ready for the start. Tonight is the social event so it will be good to meet challengers and invitees.

No comments:

Post a Comment