Search This Blog

Monday 18 May 2020

Lock down visit

My first visit for months since the virus started to get a grip and no real problems. Someone had kindly checked the moorings and added a bow line and someone else had secured the sprayhood. Inside there was a bit of mildew but nothing significant. The engine started first do, oil was good, batteries fine, no water in the bilge so all good. I spent the day checking things over - 50m of 8mm anchor chain quite rusty, electrical distribution moves forward, slowly. I need to find a better way of holding tools in place while I work on the other side of a bulkhead. Anchor windlass needs servicing, I might be able to take it off and do this at home. Hopefully I'll get to visit again next weekend and go for a sail. Everyone at the club was doing their bit to respect the social distancing guidelines and personal hygiene measures.

No comments:

Post a Comment